There's three ways you can buy a PlusBus day ticket (with your train ticket):
- from any rail station ticket office - simply ask for PlusBus when buying your train tickets;
- online from train company websites and some third-party rail ticket retailers;
- from self-service ticket machines at selected rail stations.
PlusBus season tickets (for commuters) are available from all station ticket offices (a few train operators sell week PlusBus seasons from self-service ticket machines).
buy at the ticket office
Ask for PlusBus when you buy train tickets at any National Rail station ticket office. You will need to tell the retail clerk whether you want PlusBus for the town that's at the start or end of your rail journey, if you're buying tickets in advance.
The rail ticket retailing websites (listed below) will automatically offer you a PlusBus day ticket where it is available (in stage 3 of the rail ticket buying proces). All you need to do is tick the box beside the town or city name that you want a PlusBus day ticket for and it'll then be added to the basket of tickets that you buy. Easy!
How will I get my tickets bought online?
During the online purchase you'll be asked how you want to obtain your train and PlusBus tickets. Here's the options:-
- Collect from a self-service ticket machine at a station (for free). If you choose this option, and you want bus travel to start your journey, then you'll have to collect your tickets on a previous date.
- Delivered by post - please allow up to 5 working days for delivery.
- Delivered by courier - next-day delivery is usually available (for an additional fee).
To start your journey to the station by bus or tram, you must choose to obtain your tickets in advance of the day of travel (by post, courier, or collect from a station on a previous occasion).
You must show the actual PlusBus ticket to the bus driver or tram conductor to travel. Sorry, online booking confirmations will not be accepted for bus travel.
We're sorry, but Chiltern Railways, RailEasy and trainline websites do not sell PlusBus day tickets online.
Self-service ticket machines at these stations sell PlusBus day tickets for the destination town of your train journey.
Once you have selected your rail destination and ticket type, look on-screen for the words:
'Buy PlusBus' or
'Add to basket & select +BUS' - press the relevant button on-screen to select. The video (below) shows you how.
PlusBus terms & conditions
To read, click here
Page last updated: 23/08/2019.